Manage episode 292238415 series 2924618
Have you ever spent months of your life being dedicated to a diet and exercise plan, and yet your health goals are never reached, the scale never budges and you still feel like SH!#?!
Today Michelle and Brad chat with Dana Monsees from Real Food with Dana. She is a board certified dietitian-nutritionist, and body image coach. She is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to what works and what doesn’t in our wellness worlds.
Dana spends her time today sharing about how diet and exercise are not always the solution to our health. In fact, most of what makes us truly healthy goes so much deeper than the foods we consume and the exercise regimens we choose. Dana has a special way of explaining the science behind why things in our bodies work (or don’t) the way they do, while still keeping the information she shares simple and interesting.
If you have given yourself grief over eating that piece of cake at the birthday party or have found yourself feeling guilty for skipping a workout after a super stressful day, you absolutely need to listen to this episode because it will transform the way you talk to yourself, view the foods you eat, and ultimately make you a ‘wellthier’ human overall.
Things We Discussed In The Episode/Episode Highlights:
- Michelle challenges Brad to try 60 days caffeine free--and as usual Brad shuts her down big time (...and he wonders why he’s temporary).
- The impact that our views on food have on the way our bodies process it.
- The impact stress has on our hormones, blood sugar, and health overall.
- The importance of having a healthy inflammatory response.
- Tactical tips on how to get a hold of your health (that don’t have to do with food).
Find More on Dana Monsees:
Links Mentioned in Episode/Find More on The Whole Smiths:
- Get 20% off your first Belcampo order with the code: WHOLESMITHS
- Get 15% off Real Coco Creamers on Amazon with the code: GETWELLTHY15
- Order my new cookbook HERE!
- IG: @thewholesmiths
- IG: @getwellthypodcast