Manage episode 295601511 series 2942371
Has anyone else been struggling with endless anxiety this year? Has it felt compounded with each month that has gone by?
There’s no doubt this past year has brought a lot of fear and anxiety to the forefront of our lives. Fortunately, this fear and anxiety is something we can get a grasp on. It’s not a product of our circumstances that’s here to stay.
Dr. Jud Brewer is an internationally renowned addiction psychiatrist and neuroscientist and New York TImes Best Selling author. Dr. Jud is an associate professor at Brown University and executive medical director at Sharecare. In his new book, Unwinding Anxiety: New Science Shows How to Break the Cycles of Worry and Fear to Heal Your Mind, he shares with us the science behind anxiety and the importance of understanding it. Not to mention giving us the tools to successfully manage it.
Dr. Jud has studied anxiety for years, but he has also personally dealt with anxiety. In today’s episode, Dr. Jud shares his story about his experience with anxiety with us as well as some tools that we can use to break free from the fear that chains us down. This episode is packed full of easy to digest and useful information, and you’re not going to want to miss it.
- Jud’s story about his struggles with anxiety and what led him to studying it more.
- What mapping is and how it can help with anxiety.
- Why willpower doesn’t work.
- How we can train our brains to break unhelpful behaviors.
- What social contagion is and how it impacts us.
- Michelle shares about a tarot card reading she received and since she didn’t like what they had to say she swears the reading had to be about Brad.
Find More on Dr. Jud Brewer:
Links Mentioned in Episode/Find More on The Whole Smiths: