Manage episode 328756294 series 3252615
Melissa shares how she learned to be a more effective advocate over time, and provides insights into how she copes with the ups and downs of chronic illness life.
Episode at a glance:
- Melissa’s Diagnosis story for Lupus & Type 1 Diabetes as a nine year old
- Melissa becomes a mental health occupational therapist while managing her conditions
- Melissa shares her treatment ups and downs for lupus, including medications and lifestyle factors such as exercise and stress management
- Advocacy: Melissa shares her journey towards becoming a health advocate
- What to do when your supporters or caregivers don’t “get it?”
- Melissa’s Best Advice for people newly diagnosed with Lupus and/or Type 1 Diabetes
- Melissa’s Mental health / coping tips for chronic illness life
All content found on Arthritis Life public channels was created for generalized informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Rheum to THRIVE, a community support & education program Cheryl created to help people with rheumatic disease go from overwhelmed, confused and alone to confident, supported and connected. Join the waitlist for the next group, which starts in September 2022!
Rheumatoid Arthritis Roadmap, a self-paced online course Cheryl created that teaches you how to confidently manage your physical, social and emotional life with rheumatoid arthritis.