Manage episode 327945042 series 3252615
Episode at a glance:
- How Cristina’s postpartum flare up and difficulty with pain control led her to delve into medical cannabis; helped especially with fibromyalgia.
- Cannabis, CBD & THC 101:
- How the endocannibinoid system (within our body) helps with homeostasis, memory, pain, mood, inflammation and even skin.
- The difference between cannabis, help, THC, CBD, endocannabinoids and phytocannabinoids
- What people with arthritis might want to know about how cannabis affects pain, inflammation, sleep, anxiety, appetite and mood (including a discussion of what risks there are versus benefits)
- What are the different methods of consumption for cannabis (Sublingual, Topical creams, Transdermal patch, Oral Suppositories (vaginal), inhalation, IV and more)
- Where to find valid information about CBD and chronic pain
- Where to find a dispensary: - check the laws in your area; five things Cristina looks for in a cannabis dispensary
- Communication to medical team: Cristina discusses the importance of this
- Cristina answers listener questions
- How to learn more from Cristina
All content found on Arthritis Life public channels was created for generalized informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Rheum to THRIVE, a community support & education program Cheryl created to help people with rheumatic disease go from overwhelmed, confused and alone to confident, supported and connected. Join the waitlist for the next group, which starts in September 2022!
p, a self-paced online course Cheryl created that teaches you how to confidently manage your physical, social and emotional life with rheumatoid arthritis.
##Full Episode Details + Transcript
See the Arthritis Life Website at www.MyArthritisLife.Net for full details, including a transcript!