Manage episode 376627896 series 3356752
Andi Ward, former Construction Electrical with the Navy Seabees; Director of Training and Resources for the non-profit Merging Vets and Players; Fitness coach and all-around health and wellness enthusiast
- Andi's Instagram: @andi.ward64
- Andi's Facebook: Andi Ward
- Andi's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andi-ward/
- Website: https://vetsandplayers.org
- MVP Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mergingvetsandplayers/
- MVP Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MVPMergingVetsandPlayers
- MVP LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/merging-vets-and-players/
- MVP the Movie: https://vetsandplayers.org/mvp-the-movie
- Watch now on iTunes, Prime Video, Verizon, Google Play, DirecTV, Microsoft Movies, Showtime and more!
Andi served as a Construction Electrician with the Navy Seabees and did deployments to Iraq and Africa. Knowing first-hand what it was like to struggle with the transition after leaving the service, Andi was drawn to working with other veterans and has been in the veteran non-profit space since 2017. In her role as the Director of Training and Resources for the nonprofit Merging Vets and Players, Andi designs and delivers training plans for staff, coaches and volunteers and connects members to resources in their area. She also co-authors MVP-PRO, a collection of concepts, topics, questions, and practices designed to move us all forward, increase our wellness, and build a stronger foundation of the people we deserve to be and the lives we deserve to live.
Andi has a Bachelors in Kinesiology with an emphasis on Active Lifestyle Development and is a strength coach at Unbreakable Performance in West Hollywood, CA. In her free time, Andi enjoys working out, snowboarding, scuba diving, working with horses, and adventuring with her partner and their 90 lb. pit-bull.
I always like to try and formulate a concept of someone prior to recording or really starting to talk with a guest. I have heard of MVP but never really dove into the organization before. When I was first connected with Andi, I had a much different idea of the person as to the one I soon discovered.
If you would like more info on her story, go check it out on the MVP website. She’s a real badass. I really enjoyed this conversation and talking with someone who is so passionate about what she does. I mean, she literally took time out her freakin WEDDING DAY to speak with me and share the awesomeness MVP is doing in our community. I hope you enjoy this chat as much as I did.
- The Body Keeps the Score – Bessel Van Der Kolk
- In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts – Dr. Gabor Mate (anything by Dr Maté)
- Chasing the Scream – Johann Hari
- What Happened to You – Dr. Bruce Perry and Oprah
- Anything by Brené Brown
We would really appreciate a share and lik