Manage episode 290635866 series 52378
Jeff Hawkins has spent nearly twenty years on a quest to discover how the brain's cortex generates intelligence. In this episode he talks about his new book A Thousand Brains: A New Theory of Intelligence, which describes some of his most recent research in a way that is accessible to readers of all backgrounds.
Links and References:
- A Thousand Brains: A New Theory of Intelligence by Jeff Hawkins
- Detailed References on Numenta website
- Please visit http://brainsciencepodcast.com for additonal references and episode transcripts.
Please Visit Our Sponsors
- TextExpander at textexpander.com/podcast
- Brain Science comes out on 4th Friday each month.
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD. (Autographed copies are available)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
- Email Dr. Campbell if you want to help design the new website for Brain Science. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Connect on Social Media:
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org