Manage episode 321170757 series 85988
I talked about my perspective on the Creator Economy with its relationship to influencer marketing on episode 241 literally 10 episodes ago, but seeing how it is a trending buzzword these days, I wanted to invite on an old friend to give us his perspective, as he is literally launching the first event around the Creator Economy called the Creator Economy Expo (go here for a $150 discount: https://nealschaffer.com/cex)
And this guest, Joe Pulizzi, founder of Content Marketing World, knows something both about content marketing and launching and running successful events.
Listen in to learn Joe's perspective on where things have gone with content marketing and where they are heading with the Creator Economy. We covered a LOT of ground on this podcast, even touching upon the metaverse / Web 3.0 and NFTs.
If you want to understand the future of social media marketing, you'll want to listen to the end!
[01:29] Introduction of Podcast Guest, Joe Pulizzi
[04:19] Evolution From Content Marketing to Creator Economy
[08:27] What is Creator Economy Expo?
[09:42] Why Content Creators Shouldn't Be So Focused on Social Platforms
[12:11] What is a Content Creator?
[13:45] Why Creator Economy Expo Was Created
[15:16] The Ultimate of Creator Economy
[18:47] You Need to Build Audience First!
[20:04] The Best Way to Generate Revenue
[22:54] Focus On One Platform and Master It
[25:50] Tilt Niching Vs Tilt Differentiation
[29:17] The Mission Of Creator Economy
- And really, when it comes down to my take may be versus a lot of different people is I don't like what's going on with content creators being so focused on social platforms, when those social platforms then make the changes as they always do.
- What I found over COVID was what was old is new again.
- The core really is to be content entrepreneur.
- You had a lot of great things that are happening. And I don't want people to miss that. So my recommendation is let's experiment. Let's see. But this is really something new that can move content creators from being totally dependent on social platforms.
- Look at the ones that aren't, the ones that are successful, already have an audience and get this, they usually have a pretty good email list.L
- Let's get rid of some of this stuff. Let's focus on being great at one or two things instead of just throwing your content all over everywhere.
- What are the two biggest problems with companies that try to build an audience, one is they don't have a content till they don't have a true differentiation area. And the second is they don't deliver consistently over a long period of time.
- The Tilt: https://www.thetilt.com/
- Connect with Joe on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/joepulizzi/
- Creator Economy Expo: https://nealschaffer..com/cex
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download The Age of Influence Free Preview: https://nealschaffer.com/age-of-influence-preview
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer
- Learn More About This Podcast: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com