TikTok vs Instagram: What the Best Platform for Influencer Marketing is in 2022 [Justin Kline Interview]
Manage episode 322401759 series 85988
Instagram has always been the King of influencer marketing, i.e. where a majority of influencer marketing budgets have been going, but with the emergence of TikTok, which is the best place to engage with and activate influencers?
Joining me today is influencer marketing expert, and Founder and CEO of one of the leading companies in the influencer marketing space, Markerly. We go deep into what makes TikTok such an appealing venue for influencer marketing, including:
- Why TikTok is the place to be for young people.
- Why it's more engaging than any of the incumbents.
- The amazing value you can get working with TikTokers and how competitive their ad platform is for brands.
[02:07] Introduction of Podcast Guest, Justin Kline
[05:03] How Justin Get Into Influencer Marketing
[07:26] Transitioning From Social Network to Influencer Marketing
[10:26] The Growth of Tiktok Over The Last Years
[13:10] Changes in Tiktok Demographics
[14:53] The Rise of Tiktok During Pandemic
[18:00] What Makes Tiktok Special?
[20:03] The Role of Influencers
[22:00] The Differences of Going Into Influencer Marketplace
[25:16] Tiktok Ads
[27:07] Tapping Into Creative Force of Influencers
[28:40] Branded Partnership in Tiktok
[29:57] Knowing the Demographics to Invest Into
[33:46] Connect with Justin
- It's just crazy how, how much the pandemic has changed things. It's really fascinating. And yeah, and I look at Tiktok is very much an entertainment platform.
- I think it's just this never ending stream of stuff that they're predicting, you're going to like, and the more you, you know, the more you use the app, the better it gets at, at suggesting content to you.
- Influencers are keeping people interested in making content that, you know, is going to capture people's attention. And, you know, that's a hard job.
- Tapping into this creative force, that enables you to think of ideas and to come up with content that you wouldn't have been able to come up with on your own. That is more likely to engage people because they on a daily basis, they're putting out content, and they're getting instant feedback as to how effective that content is, and how much that content resonates with their followers.
- That's sort of a unique type of entertainment that just didn't exist in social media until Tik Tok. Right. So an example of raising the bar now other people are probably trying to do the same thing. And now we're going to see new things. So it just continues to evolve at a very, very quick pace. So I think that's one of the reasons why, you know, working with influences become so critical.
- Markerly: https://markerly.com/
- Connect with Justin on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/klinejustin
- Check Out All of My Podcast Episodes: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download All of My Free EBooks: https://nealschaffer.com/freebies/
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer