Manage episode 337076402 series 3379459
Hi Welcome to ValuationPodcast.com - A podcast and video series about all things related to business and valuation. My name is Melissa Gragg, and I am a valuation expert and divorce mediator in St. Louis Missouri.
Today we will discuss Why Valuation Expert Opinions Differ & The Value of a Rebuttal Expert with Matt Stelzman, an expert in forensic, litigation, and valuation work from Chattanooga, Tennessee who also serves clients in Atlanta and around the country.
- Beginning with valuation services for litigation purposes, it seems more likely than not that when two experts are hired to value the same business, they come to vastly different conclusions. Can you expand on some of the reasons this might happen and how attorneys might be able to identify these differences?
- I understand that the reporting standards for valuations performed for litigation purposes are waved, but when it comes to litigation support services for things like economic damages, lost profits, etc., it is much less regulated. What are some of the issues you are seeing with professional work product and why there is such a difference between expert’s opinions?
- In many litigation cases, the focus is placed on the expert and their report of damages. However, there is another area where an expert can add value, which is rebuttal. Can you tell us about the rebuttal process and how a client might benefit from rebuttal services?
- How can a professional start providing rebuttal services?
- Tell us more about you and the services you provide!
CVA, MAFF, CDFA
Expert testimony for financial and valuation issues
Bridge Valuation Partners, LLC
Cell: (314) 541-8163