Manage episode 337076403 series 3379459
Hi Welcome to ValuationPodcast.com - A podcast and video series about all things related to business and valuation. My name is Melissa Gragg, and I am a valuation expert and divorce mediator in St. Louis Missouri.
Today we will discuss “How to Find Hidden Assets or Understated Income in Divorce Cases” with Leah Weitholter, a forensic accountant, certified fraud examiner and private investigator in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Welcome Leah!! Thanks for joining us today!
So let’s get right into it because this is a very interesting topic involving mistrust, money and love, better known as divorce.
- How would you describe what you do as a forensic accountant in a divorce case?
- Why would someone need to hire you or a private investigator - if they were getting divorced?
- How do you help people get prepared to get divorced through your course and notebook, “Find Money in Divorce”?
- So what kind of financial information or documents should people start to collect as they prepare to file for divorce?
- What are some things people should look for when reviewing their own bank statements or financial documents?
- How do you find hidden assets – and what could be an example of a hidden asset?
- What is understated income and why is it important in a divorce case?
- What was one of your craziest cases and did you find the hidden assets?
- Tell us more about your company Workman Forensics and all of the various services you provide.
CVA, MAFF, CDFA
Expert testimony for financial and valuation issues
Bridge Valuation Partners, LLC
Cell: (314) 541-8163
MBA, CFE, PI