Manage episode 337076411 series 3379459
Hi Welcome to ValuationPodcast.com - A podcast and video series about all things related to business and valuation. My name is Melissa Gragg, and I own a valuation company in St. Louis Missouri.
I have the privilege of discussing Non-Profit Organizations: Accounting, Strategic Planning and Management today with Tosha Anderson, a CPA and non profit accounting expert in St. Louis, Missouri.
So you started your accounting firm – The Charity CFO – in order to focus on accounting services for non profit organizations. Let’s start with explaining some simple concepts for our listeners.
- What is a nonprofit organization? Is it the same as a nonprofit foundation or association?
- Are nonprofits only focused on fundraising? What do you see as the biggest concern in the nonprofit sector?
- What are some important differences in the accounting for nonprofit organizations as opposed to a for profit business?
- How do you provide accounting services to nonprofit organizations, which may not have enough money to hire an accounting firm?
- Do you get involved in the strategic planning for nonprofit organizations or work with management to advance their leadership skills?
- What is one of your best accounting tips or advice for someone who wants to start a nonprofit organization?
- Can you tell us more about your path to becoming an accountant and focusing on non-profit organizations?
CVA, MAFF, CDFA
Expert testimony for financial and valuation issues
Bridge Valuation Partners, LLC
Cell: (314) 541-8163
Founder + CEO, The Charity CFO, LLC