Manage episode 329081155 series 3245357
Based on latest Torrance test data, 85% of today's children are less creative than their 1980s counterparts. CPG industry veterans Erin Fasano and Liz Seelye realized that part of the problem is old thinking when it comes to what kids eat and drink. They started dreaming up drinks and snacks with their kids to bring imagination back to lunchboxes and beyond and together founded Starryside. Their first product is organic, immunity-boosting Star Water in an adventure-ready, kid-sized can. Their big launch is coming up this week during World Creativity & Innovation Week, which runs from April 15th to 21st. Listen in as Liz and Erin share the story behind Starryside, how their background with some of the largest CPG brands informs their work, the process of getting to a minimum viable product including flavor development and finding a manufacturing partner, how they maximized Expo West and the Startup CPG Alley Rally, how their kids inspire them and participate in the growth of Starryside, and more!
- Starryside website & IG @starryside.co
- Use discount code STARTUPCPG25 for 25% off your order!
- Erin's LinkedIn
- Liz's LinkedIn
- More info about World Creativity and Innovation Week
- BevNet feature of Starryside
- Startup CPG Spotlight feature of Starryside
- Sir Ken Robinson's "Do Schools Kill Creativity?" TED talk