Manage episode 293831256 series 118896
There are countless books, guides, and templates on writing screenplays - but how important are they?
In this episode, we talk about…
- Guest Robert McKee, his background in both theatre and novels, and the role his books have played in the world of screenwriting.
- What makes writing exciting.
- Whether or not there are “rules” to good screenwriting.
- The principles and forms of writing.
- The influence of Aristotle on writing today.
- What truly is a scene, an act, a movement, a season, etc.
- Discussions of good character development and important principles for the relationship between character and story.
- The difference between revelation and change, and how the audience’s perception of a character changes as a storyline goes on, rather than the character themselves changing.
- McKee’s new book that will be coming out soon about the art of writing Action.
- Why needing advice on a good starting point when building characterization is, frankly, amateur.
Links to Resources:
For a free Ebook on How to Write a Screenplay, sign up for our mailing list at https://nofilmschool.com/. You can also check out our Gear Guides and Entertainment News on the right hand side.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices