Manage episode 294031877 series 118896
Is AMC taking over other chains good? Bad? And what does it mean for filmmakers and film lovers?
In this episode, we talk about…
- AMC Entertainment recently sold $230 million in stock in order to go on a buying spree.
- How the stock market encourages huge corporations and doesn’t support smaller businesses, like independent movie theaters.
- Whether or not movie theaters are a dying model and why tech companies might not be willing to buy them.
- Best practices for maintaining a client base - including finding new clients.
- The art of sending cold emails and when to send them.
- How to use social media to keep in touch with contacts.
- Tips for asking for a raise and why it can feel very personal and emotional.
- Why sometimes, there just isn’t money in a budget for a raise.
- How, unfortunately, some entry-level jobs don’t and won’t pay a living wage.
- Why you need to be willing and able to walk away if you want to “win” the negotiating process.
- Knowing the value of your skills and remembering that companies make money off of you.
- The frustration of jobs that don’t post salary in the job listing.
- Deity has just launched the BP-TRX, which is both a transmitter and a receiver, with built-in local recording a time code, which allows you to do more with fewer devices.
- How Kyno isn’t dead!
Links to Resources:
For more about BP-TRX
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices