Manage episode 330556306 series 3001704
Giving has always been a controversial topic within the Church, in particular, from those outside of it, who see the Church as a money-grabbing machine. Regardless of the noise, the Bible is clear that giving is an essential part of our spiritual life. In these episodes, you will learn the following
- The theological basis for giving let it be "offering" or "tithing"
- The difference between offering and tithing
- Principles of giving in the NT
- Examples of giving from other pastors and great examples of it
- How to give and systems to give
Further resources and references in the episode from the following places:
- B: Donald Whitney, Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life (Colorado Springs, CO: NavPress, 2014).
- W: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/7-reasons-christians-not-required-to-tithe/
- W: https://www.desiringgod.org/messages/toward-the-tithe-and-beyond
- W: https://www.desiringgod.org/interviews/is-tithing-commanded-for-christians
- W: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/bible-commands-christians-to-tithe/
You can follow Andrew on the following social media channels if you want to stay in touch: