The Quiet Revolution, Women Entrepreneurship
Manage episode 1967300 series 2917
Jacqueline Baptist was amazed at how rarely the media tells stories of women entrepreneurs. As a result, she has decided to take matters into her own hands and has set out on a course to produce a documentary titled, “She Means Business.”
The documentary will explore the key issues women entrepreneurs face such as similarities/differences in female-led versus male-led companies; women’s access to capital and entrepreneur training/business skills; and successes and strategies of woman-led businesses.
She Means Business will share true, honest portrayals of human experience, focusing on four to six early-stage and/or transitioning woman-owned businesses, following their successes, failures, struggles, concerns, disasters, and miracles.
Tune in for this special episode as Jacqueline Baptist, Executive Producer of She Means Business, joins Anita Campbell to discuss her journey and the journey of thousands of female entrepreneurs.
Below are the questions we asked Jackie:
- (1:58) Jackie, can you tell us a bit about yourself and your background?
- (4:22) Why is it important to do a documentary like this?
- (5:59) What are the differences and similarities between women led versus male led businesses? Are we stereotyping or are there significant and meaningful differences and, if so, what are those?
- (8:51) Are you learning anything about how women owned businesses fund their growth after startup?
- (11:27) What are some of the successful strategies of women led businesses?
- (14:20) Are you seeing any patterns in certain age groups such as millennials preferring entrepreneurship versus working for a large company?
- (16:33) Do you think that’s a fad or a sign of what’s to come?
- (17:33) How you chose the documentary subjects – are there opportunities for others?
- (18:34) What are some of the surprises or unexpected insights you’ve learned so far?
- (21:36) What tips would you like to share with women attempting to get a business off the ground or grow it to the next level?
- (21:36) If people want to support the documentary and what you’re doing, where should they go?
* * * * *
Listen to the interview with Jackie now by clicking the red and yellow playerThe post The Quiet Revolution, Women Entrepreneurship first appeared on Small Business Trends Radio | Small Business Advice.