Manage episode 376153218 series 1240336
Every Tuesday in September, Craig Stronberg, PwC’s Macro Intelligence Leader, is taking over the podcast to share insights on how geopolitical and macroeconomic trends, forces, and movements are likely to impact your business.
To kick off the series, Craig provides an overview of the global macroeconomic and geopolitical forces — the true “tectonic” forces — impacting companies in the near and longer term.
In this episode, you’ll hear a discussion of:
- 3:52 - Disequilibrium - what it means, where it stands, and what comes next
- 8:29 - Identifying and understanding the forces impacting the global economy
- 15:02 - Why it’s important for companies to understand their business assumptions and how those assumptions may be changing
- 20:49 - Assessing major global forces and their impacts on our economy, including:
- 20:55 - Geopolitical disruption, protectionism, and the impact on free trade
- 28:39 - Polarization and its impact on risk management and business decisions
- 38:06 - Balancing between trust and distrust in governments and markets
- 41:57 - How global forces are creating new opportunities for markets and companies
Want to identify how different macroeconomic trends could impact your accounting and reporting? Refer to our interactive tool, Accounting in uncertain economic times.
Craig Stronberg leads the business acumen capability for PwC Intelligence, spearheading the team of analysts that provides macroeconomic, sector, and geopolitical intelligence to key stakeholders. Named as one of the "100 Most Creative People in Business” by Fast Company, Craig had a nearly 20 year career in national security affairs working for and advising numerous agencies and international partners, having been decorated five times.
Heather Horn is PwC’s National office thought leader, responsible for developing our communications strategy and conveying firm positions on accounting and financial reporting matters. She is the engaging host of PwC’s accounting and reporting weekly podcast and quarterly webcast series. With over 30 years of experience, Heather’s accounting and auditing expertise includes financial instruments and rate-regulated accounting.
Transcripts available upon request for individuals who may need a disability-related accommodation. Please send requests to email@example.com.