Manage episode 376773982 series 1240336
Every Tuesday in September, Craig Stronberg, PwC’s Macro Intelligence Leader, is taking over the podcast to share insights on how geopolitical and macroeconomic trends, forces, and movements are likely to impact your business.
To continue the series, Craig is joined by Zain Siddiqui, PwC Intelligence senior economist, to discuss India’s economy and the risks and opportunities it presents for companies worldwide.
In this episode, you’ll hear a discussion of:
- 4:50 - India’s evolving role as a key player in the global economy
- 10:54 - The driving factors, including population growth and its impact on the labor market, contributing to India’s positioning as a global force
- 16:54 - Considerations that are key to understanding India’s economy, its influence and challenges, including:
- 18:15 - Human capital - education, job creation, and equal opportunities in India
- 27:50 - India’s economic tendencies as a domestic-driven, consumption heavy, services economy
- 32:12 - India’s business sentiment and power to influence the global economy
- 37:46 - Sector-specific insights
- 45:17 - Advice for companies navigating the risks and opportunities present in India’s economy
Want to hear more about the geopolitical and macroeconomic factors impacting the global economy? Tune into the prior podcast in this mini series.
Craig Stronberg leads the business acumen capability for PwC Intelligence, spearheading the team of analysts that provides macroeconomic, sector, and geopolitical intelligence to key stakeholders. Named as one of the "100 Most Creative People in Business” by Fast Company, Craig had a nearly 20 year career in national security affairs working for and advising numerous agencies and international partners, having been decorated five times.
Zain Siddiqui is a senior economist for PwC Intelligence with a specialty in macroeconomics and finance. He advises stakeholders and clients on the business implications of emerging macro and geopolitical vulnerabilities, and helps them shape business strategy. His research has appeared in books on international economic policy and macroeconomic journals.
Heather Horn is PwC’s National Office thought leader, responsible for developing our communications strategy and conveying firm positions on accounting and financial reporting matters. She is the engaging host of PwC’s accounting and reporting weekly podcast and quarterly webcast series. With over 30 years of experience, Heather’s accounting and auditing expertise includes financial instruments and rate-regulated accounting.
Transcripts available upon request for individuals who may need a disability-related accommodation. Please send requests to email@example.com.