Manage episode 288239262 series 2737812
Jessica Lessin is founder and editor-in-chief of The Information.
“It's very, very hard to predict the winners. A lot of investors try to do this. And I think sometimes where the press gets in trouble is trying to make a call.… It's not always our job to say this thing is doomed or not. I think many journalists, unfortunately, are more interested in that than in understanding, What is this company trying to do?”
Thanks to Mailchimp for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Lessin's archive at The Information
- 11:00 "Android’s Andy Rubin Left Google After Inquiry Found Inappropriate Relationship" (Reed Albergotti • The Information • Nov 2017)
- 11:00 "Silicon Valley Women Tell of VC’s Unwanted Advances" (Reed Albergotti • The Information • Jun 2017)
- 23:00 Paul Steiger at ProPublica
- 23:00 Kevin Delaney at Quartz
- 26:00 "Facebook Hit by FTC Antitrust Suit That Seeks to Break Off Instagram, WhatsApp" (Christopher Stern • The Information • Dec 2020)
- 31:00 "People are leaving S.F., but not for Austin or Miami. USPS data shows where they went" (J.K. Dineen • San Francisco Chronicle • Feb 2021)
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.