Manage episode 287661197 series 2737812
Elon Green is a journalist whose work has appeared in The New York Times Magazine, The Awl, New York, and other publications. His new book is Last Call: A True Story of Love, Lust, and Murder in Queer New York.
“The murders and the murderer should not be the driver. It should simply be the catalyst for the other story. And the other story is the victims. And the other story is the political backdrop and the environment that they are walking through.”
Thanks to Mailchimp for sponsoring this week's episode.
- Green on Longform
- 00:00 Last Call: A True Story of Love, Lust, and Murder in Queer New York (Celadon Books • 2021)
- 03:00 @DavidGrann
- 05:00 davidyaffe.com
- 07:00 Pamela Colloff on Longform
- 10:00 The Advocate
- 13:00 "The Enduring, Pernicious Whiteness of True Crime" (The Appeal • Aug 2020)
- 13:00 Killers of the Flower Moon (David Grann • Doubleday Books • 2017)
- 13:00 Missing & Murdered (CBC News)
- 13:00 Connie Walker on the Longform Podcast
- 19:00 "These Gay Men Frequented Manhattan Piano Bars. So Did Their Killer." (Christopher Bollen • New York Times • Mar 2021)
- 19:00 "Last Call: Behind the Terrifying Untold Story of New York's Gay Bar Killer" (Jim Farber • The Guardian • Mar 2021)
- 21:00 "Do Threads of Five Lives Lead to One Serial Killer?" (Ian Fisher • New York Times • Aug 1993)
- 30:00 "The Untold Story of the Doodler Murders" (The Awl • Dec 2014)
- 32:00 "The Real Lolita" (Sarah Weinman • Hazlitt • Nov 2014)
- 35:00 @ChrisCillizza
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.