Manage episode 362364018 series 1355207
Jack returns with a cosmic Dharma Talk exploring expansion and contraction in relation to impermanence as the root of spiritual practice.
"The law of change is the brown rice and vegetables of spiritual practice, it's the root of our direct experience of life." – Jack Kornfield
In this episode, Jack takes us on a cosmic journey through:
- The basic fundamentals of Dharma teachings on how to live wisely in our practice
- A trippy interstellar perspective flip through a simple intergalactic thought experiment
- Life—this capacity to be conscious and aware—as a process of expansion and contraction
- The law of change, impermanence, as the "brown rice and vegetables" of spiritual practice
- Spiritual practice as a way to find freedom and compassion within ourselves
- Learning to live in the present of how it is, rather than how we wish it would be
This Dharma Talk from Spirit Rock Meditation Center on 6/20/1994 was originally published on DharmaSeed.