BS 179 14th Annual Review Episode
Manage episode 280899631 series 52378
It's time for our 14th Annual Review Episode! Despite the challenges of 2020, it has been an outstanding year for Brain Science: the show passed 11 million downloads and Dr. Campbell released of second edition of Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty.
This episode is also a great introduction for new listeners. It can be enjoyed even if you haven’t listened to the episodes being discussed. A free transcript is also available for this episode.
Here is a list of this year's episodes:
- BS 165 (encore) Stephen L. Macknik and Susana Martinez-Conde, authors of Sleights of Mind: What the Neuroscience of Magic Reveals about Our Everyday Deceptions
- BS 166 Stephen Macknik describes new a visual prosthesis
- BS 167 Stanislas Dehaene, author of How We Learn: Why Brains Learn Better Than Any Machine . . . for Now
- BS 168 Cecelia Heyes, author of Cognitive Gadgets: The Cultural Evolution of Thinking
- BS 169 (encore) R. Douglas Fields The Other Brain
- BS 170 Andreas Nieder, author of The Number Instinct
- BS 171 Matthew Cobb, author of The Idea of the Brain: The Past and Future of Neuroscience
- BS 172 György Buzsáki, author of The Brain from Inside Out
- BS 173 Excerpt from Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell
- BS 174 Georg Northoff, author of The Spontaneous Brain: From the Mind–Body to the World–Brain Problem
- BS 175 Carol Tavris, co-author of Mistakes Were Made (but not by me)- an exploration of cognitive dissonance
- BS 176 Seth Grant explains synapse complexity
- BS 177 Bernard Baars and David Edelman talk about consciousness
- BS 178 Peter Sterling, author of What Is Health?: Allostasis and the Evolution of Human Design
Note: the transcript for this episode is Free. Additional show notes and more episode transcripts are available at brainsciencepodcast.com.Please Visit Our Sponsors:
- TextExpander at textexpander.com/pocasts
- The Neurology Podcast at ann.com/podcasts
- Brain Science comes out on 4th Friday each month.
- Support Brain Science by buying Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Virginia "Ginger" Campbell, MD. (autographed copies are available)
- Learn more ways to support Brain Science at http://brainsciencepodcast.com/donations
- Sign up for the free Brain Science Newsletter to get show notes automatically every month. You can also text brainscience to 55444 to sign up.
- Check out the free Brain Science Mobile app for iOS, Android, and Windows. (It's a great way to get both new episodes and premium content.)
Connect on Social Media:
- Twitter: @docartemis
- Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/brainsciencepodcast
Contact Dr. Campbell:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Voicemail: http://speakpipe.com/docartemis