The Path to Executive Coaching, Getting Unstuck, and Improving Team Communication, with Amy Wong of Always on Purpose
Manage episode 335034802 series 2921867
Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Amy Eliza Wong (@amyelizawong), the founder of Always On Purpose®. She is an executive leadership coach, author, speaker, and facilitator working with organizations such as Airbnb, Salesforce, Roku, LinkedIn, Facebook, and more. Amy offers transformative leadership development and cutting-edge communication strategies to executives and corporate teams around the world, as well as institutions including Stanford University and the University of California at Berkeley. She pulls from various disciplines, studies, and practices to find a consilient approach to achieve flow and create profound impact through the three lenses of Self, Relationships, and Results. As a certified executive coach with expertise in transpersonal psychology, design thinking, interpersonal neurobiology, and Conversational Intelligence®, Amy has catalyzed transformative growth for hundreds of executives and teams. She has a passion for helping leaders identify blind spots, reclaim precious time, energy and creative bandwidth, and create next level impact. Her new book, Living On Purpose, was released in March of 2022.
Website: Always on Purpose
- How Amy became an executive coach
- Amy’s North Star of feeling it out instead of figuring it out, and how she has put it into practice to build her business
- How Amy defines who is a good fit for her work
- The process of enabling people to get unstuck
- Self-worth as the common theme Amy sees her clients struggle with
- The question to ask to understand exactly how you’re holding yourself back
- Amy’s constant evolution as a coach and how she defines her work
- Amy’s system approach and how she equips teams for better communication
- Indicators of when to work with an executive coach
- How Amy came to write her book, Living on Purpose
- The challenging jump from coaching individuals to writing a book for a wide audience
More about the show:
The Vitalize Podcast, a show by Vitalize Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 300+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at Vitalize Venture Capital, The Vitalize Podcast includes two main series.
The Angel Investing series features interviews with a variety of angel investors and VCs around the world. The goal? To help develop the next generation of amazing investors.
The Future of Work series takes a look at the founders and investors shaping the new world of work, including insights from our team here at Vitalize Venture Capital.
More about us:
Vitalize Venture Capital was formed in 2017 as a $16M seed-stage venture fund and now includes both a fund as well as an angel investing community investing in the future of work. Vitalize has offices in Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
The Vitalize Team:
Vitalize Angels, our angel investing community open to everyone: