Building a Team that Resembles Planet Earth, Distributed Work as a Global Resilience Strategy, and Becoming a Unicorn in Under Two Years, with Oyster’s Tony Jamous
Manage episode 332387454 series 2921867
Justin Gordon (@justingordon212) talks with Tony Jamous (@jamingo), the CEO and founder of Oyster, a Global Employment Platform that empowers companies to hire, pay, and care for team members wherever they are in the world. Oyster allows growing companies to tap into the global talent pool and offer their remote workers around the world a great employment experience. They are on a mission to make the world a better place by making it possible for any talented person in the world to realize their full potential through fulfilling, fairly-compensated work.
Optimize for distributed work: Oyster Academy
Tony on the Just Go Grind Podcast: https://www.justgogrind.com/tony-jamous-podcast/
- Oyster: a global employment platform
- How the talent shortage and digital transformation trends have fueled Oyster’s growth to reach $1B valuation in less than 2 years
- Building a team that resembles the planet Earth, at 500+ employees distributed in 60 countries, and 60% women
- The operational logistics of a huge distributed team using their “follow the sun” model
- Leading by example: how to be the best remote worker
- Oyster’s open source academy for remote workers
- Tony’s perspective on the global distributed work trend and how it reconnects us to our communities
- Incorporating in-person time with a distributed team and the downside of hubs
- What has tangibly impacted Oyster’s GTM strategy and their rapid growth
- Oyster’s category-creation playbook
- Tony’s thoughts on the future of work and how distributed work can make the world more resilient
More about the show:
The Vitalize Podcast, a show by Vitalize Venture Capital (a seed-stage venture capital firm and pre-seed 300+ member angel community open to everyone), dives deep into the world of startup investing and the future of work.
Hosted by Justin Gordon, the Director of Marketing at Vitalize Venture Capital, The Vitalize Podcast includes two main series.
The Angel Investing series features interviews with a variety of angel investors and VCs around the world. The goal? To help develop the next generation of amazing investors.
The Future of Work series takes a look at the founders and investors shaping the new world of work, including insights from our team here at Vitalize Venture Capital.
More about us:
Vitalize Venture Capital was formed in 2017 as a $16M seed-stage venture fund and now includes both a fund as well as an angel investing community investing in the future of work. Vitalize has offices in Chicago, San Francisco, and Los Angeles.
The Vitalize Team:
Vitalize Angels, our angel investing community open to everyone: