Manage episode 298468450 series 2461135
That’s a wrap! Season 8 of the One Percent Podcast is now on all podcast platforms.
We pulled together a recap episode for you this week, featuring short clips from some of the great moments in the podcast’s seventh season. We were fortunate to have incredible leaders from across industries, disciplines, and fields share their stories and perspectives – and we wanted to share them with you as we wrap up Season 8 and look ahead to the ninth season.
Here are some of the guests and clips from Season 8 featured in this wrap-up episode:
- Karl Sheppard (League of Ireland and Football Association of Ireland Cup Winner, Europa League goalscorer, and now retired footballer) discusses what young players need in a coach, and lessons Karl takes from the sporting world into the business world.
- Karl Moore (Associate Professor at McGill University) explores ‘reverse mentoring’, introversion and extroversion, and traits in introverts that need to be more leveraged at work.
- Tony Griffin (former All-Star hurler with Clare) dissects the role of fear and having permission to dream.
- Brian Pennie (Psychologist and lecturer at Trinity College and UCD) talks about overcoming his drug addiction, recognising self-deception, and changing identity as part of the recovery process
- Lorna Lawless (coaching psychologist) runs through the power of positive self-talk and lessons from sport that can be brought into the workplace.
We’re hard at work planning Season 9 which will kick off later in 2021, and as always we would love your feedback and perspective.