Manage episode 363359173 series 3423666
Got a graveyard of WIPs in your Google Drive? #WriterProblems
Caitlin Fisher first came on the show to discuss time travel tropes and is back again to talk about the process of writing a first draft and how they help coach beginner writers to finish their first drafts in the face of imposter syndrome, comparison, and self-doubt.
Listen in to learn:
- How to stop being an "aspiring" writer and claim the title of writer
- The change to their writing routine that allowed them to write 104k words in a year, up from approximately 0
- When to stop learning HOW to write and learn BY writing
- How to shift from hustling perfectionist to balanced storyteller
- The importance of taking breaks for integrating your new skills
Interested in writing your own first draft in the next twelve months? Get on the Working Title waitlist at www.workingtitlestudio.com! Check out Caitlin around the internet at @CaitlinLizFisher on Instagram, CaitlinLizFisher.com, and the Neurodivergent Creative Podcast.
Speculative Sandbox is for entertainment purposes only. This is a volunteer-run program. Opinions expressed by individuals on the podcast are their own.
Main cover art illustrated by Sofia Hansson
Individual episode covers feature royalty-free photography from Pexels.com or Canva.
Follow on Instagram
Follow on Tik Tok