Manage episode 1967308 series 2917
It’s an election year, and many small business owners may be asking themselves, “Will anything get done on Capitol Hill to help small businesses?” In this episode, we have a special guest that will be able to shed some light on that subject for you.
SBE Council President & CEO, Karen Kerrigan, joins Anita Campbell and Brent Leary to take a look at key bills before Congress that may have a chance of getting to President Obama’s desk for signature. Will they help, or hurt, entrepreneurs? Let’s find out.
Below are the questions we asked Karen:
- (2:45) Karen, can you tell us a bit about yourself, what you do and a bit about the SBE Council, for those who may not know?
- (6:44) Can you tell us, were there any good things that happened for small business owners and entrepreneurs or anything we need to look out for?
- (13:04) You mentioned the survey you had done in November. Did anything stand out, in particular, that we should discuss here today?
- (14:55) Are any of the House bills concerning small businesses going to be made into law? Or are they all just a waste of time?
- (18:24) Do you see the lack of having a 12 month payroll extension being a hindrance to small business initiatives or is the two month extension enough to make them feel comfortable?
- (22:45) It seems like a good number of large companies are doing pretty well concerning profit and revenues they’re bringing in, yet small businesses are still struggling. Do you see anything in Washington that’s going to help small businesses? Is there any hope that next year, there will be some legislation or actions that will help small businesses?
- (28:51) Where can people find out more?
* * * * *
Listen to Karen’s interview now by clicking the red and yellow player belowThe post The Small Business Legislative Outlook for 2012 first appeared on Small Business Trends Radio | Small Business Advice.