Manage episode 336903499 series 2711080
Essex walks into a trap of his own making at Lostwithiel, and divisions between the Lord General, Manchester, Waller, and Cromwell, lead to another missed opportunity at the Second Battle of Newbury.
Check out the podcast website
For this episode, I found the following publications particularly useful:
- Kenyon, J. and Ohlmeyer, J., The Civil Wars: A Military History of England, Scotland, and Ireland, 1638-1660.
- Harris, T. Rebellion
- Michael Braddick. The Oxford Handbook of the English Revolution
- Michael Braddick, God's Fury, England's Fire
- Nick Lipscombe, The English Civil War: An Atlas and Concise History of the Wars of the Three Kingdoms, 1639-51
- Peter Gaunt, The English Civil War: A Military History
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices