Manage episode 326534807 series 1080637
Christ is my firm foundation. He is the rock on which I stand. These are not just great lyrics from Maverick City Music in their song "Firm Foundation (He Won't)," but they're founded in Scripture.
Come with me on a journey through God's Holy Word to learn more about our Rock.
In this week's episode, I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture - this week's Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Make a list
- Read in context
- Compare and contrast
- God does not change and is not impacted by our current chaos
- Moving beyond powerful lyrics to the deeper truths that inspired them
- How Christ is our firm foundation - 1 Corinthians 3:11
- Christ as the cornerstone - Isaiah 28:16
- a tested stone
- a precious stone
- a cornerstone
- a sure foundation
- How Christ was rejected - Psalm 118 and Mark 12:10-11
- What it means that Jesus Christ is the cornerstone - GotQuestions.org Article
- How we fit it in the building of God as living stones - 1 Peter 2:4-8
- Christ as our only foundation - Use Episode 414 as a companion to this week's study - Psalm 62
- The use of "Rock" as a proper name for God rather than just figurative descriptions - Deuteronomy 32
- Discovering a contrast between our Rock and the rock of pagan culture
- How we can only declare that our house is built on Christ if we hear His words and do them - Matthew 7:24-27 - use Episode 271 as a companion to this week's study
We can only declare that our house is built on Christ if we hear His words and do them.
More Than a Song Playlist
- Lyrics - NewReleaseToday.com
- What does it mean that Jesus Christ is the cornerstone? - Got Questions Article
Explore Christ as our foundation using the Scriptures I've listed in the show notes above. Read and meditate on Psalm 62, where we learn that God alone is our rock and salvation. Don't miss out on what you will learn in Deuteronomy 32 by contrasting the faithfulness of God and His unfaithful people. Finally, commit to building your life on the rock of Christ by doing what He teaches in Matthew 7 -- hear His words and do them.