Manage episode 292558010 series 2575134
Mommying While Muslim has never been late to drop an episode except Eid al Fitr 2021! We hope our lovely audience understands how excited we were to celebrate with our families and we wanted to edit something worth your listening ears.
Today is an opportunity to hear about our experiences in the masjid that hurt our hearts because we know the masjid can do better by us as women, mothers, and for our children. Hey, no one’s perfect, and no masjid is perfect, and we don’t want perfection. Can we attend masjid (once it’s safe again) without women, our very own sisters, calling out our kids or what we are wearing (or aren’t wearing), and judging each other over stuff we really don’t have too much jurisdiction over. Let’s do our work, and let Allah do His work. But we have to start by addressing what’s wrong and what each of us can do better ourselves.
Our goal is to get our unmosqued Muslim families mosqued again. Let’s make it home again.
- Biden Steps to Address Gun Violence: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/04/07/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-announces-initial-actions-to-address-the-gun-violence-public-health-epidemic/
- American Muslim Women’s Giving Circle: https://amuslimcf.org/donors/giving-circles/womensgc/
- RSVP “YES” to Mommying While Muslim Virtual Tea for AMWGC recruitment event: https://fb.me/e/dH3OIF98Q
- Web: www.mommyingwhilemuslim.com
- Email: email@example.com
- FB: Mommying While Muslim page and Mommyingwhilemuslim group
- IG: @mommyingwhilemuslimpodcast