MI Rewind: The Democratization of Finance w/ Seamus Scaring and Carlos Pelaez
Manage episode 353018287 series 2539397
Clay Finck chats with Seamus Scaring and Carlos Pelaez about the surge in retail demand in the financial markets, whether the surge in retail demand is here to stay or not, ETFs, options, and much, much more!
Seamus is a senior index options analyst with Nasdaq. He's focused on building and managing Nasdaq's index options product suite, including Nasdaq-100 index options. Carlos is a senior manager of ETF listings at Nasdaq as well. Carlos primarily works with asset managers to help them navigate the ETF listings process and life cycle.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
04:01 - What has led to the surge in retail investors gaining access to financial markets?
13:10 - What ETFs are, and why we’ve seen increased interest in ETFs from retail investors.
15:03 - The benefits that ETFs bring relative to other investment products.
25:25 - A brief history of the options market.
30:12 - The benefits of utilizing options in your portfolio.
35:28 - What market benchmarks investors are using in their portfolios.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Related Episode: Listen to MI079: Should YOU Trade Options w/ Tom Sosnoff, or watch the video.
- Related Episode: Listen to MI053: Building Wealth, Staying Wealthy, and Retiring Early w/ Jeremy Scheider, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Robert and Rebecca’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Get personalized, expert advice that helps you see things clearly with ATB.
- Take stock of your finances and investing strategy with Betterment.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- Talk to your clients about Desjardins Responsible Investment today and support what’s right for society and what’s good for business.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
Connect with Clay: Twitter
Connect with Nasdaq: Website