Why is Japanese TV so bad? | Ichimon Japan 70
Manage episode 358858187 series 2593682
On this episode of Ichimon Japan we ask: Why is Japanese TV so bad?Topics Discussed
- Why Japanese TV is so "terrible"
- About Japanese variety TV shows
- How most TV around the world aren't remarkable
- How Japanese TV shows can be useful for watching TV
- How Japanese TV game shows are not crazy
- How the idea of Japanese game shows being crazy is not true
- About Takeshi's Castle
- How many Japanese TV shows are staged
- Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! 1989 ‧ Variety show ‧ 0 seasons
- About Downtown Matsumoto
- About Waratte wa Ikenai
- About telop (teroppu)
- About national news programs in Japan
- About late night radio in Japan
- About anime's popularity around the world
- About why some media from Japan does not get popular outside of Japan
- Anime localization
- About Hajimete no Tsukai
- About You wa Nani Shi Nippon e
- Movies in Japan
- And much more!
If you enjoy Ichimon Japan and want to ensure that we're able to produce more episodes, then please consider becoming a patron on Patreon.com. You can join for just $1 a month and that comes with perks like early access to episodes, a shout-out at the beginning of a future episode, bonus content, and discounts to Kimito Designs. For $3 a month you get all that plus access to Japanese Plus Alpha, a podcast produced by me (Tony Vega) that focuses on the Japanese language and its many quirks. Whether you are studying Japanese or just enjoy learning about language and linguistics, you'll enjoy Japanese Plus Alpha.
And it goes without saying that if you sign up, you'll also get my undying gratitude. Thanks in advance!
If you would just like to do a one time contribution, then please go to our Ko-fi page.
No links.We Want Your Questions
Is there something about Japan that confuses you? Is there something about Japanese culture that you would like to learn more about? Is there something in Japanese history that you would like us to explain? We're always looking for new questions about Japan to answer, so if you have one, please send it to email@example.com.Special Thanks
Opening/Closing Theme: Produced by Apol (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Fiverr)
Ichimon Japan cover art: Produced by Erik R.Follow Japankyo on Social Media