Manage episode 363073814 series 2895225
Clare Heath-McIvor is an exvangelical blogger and podcaster who has been operating under the pseudonym 'Kit Kennedy' since a dramatic and shunning-esque exit from her pastor father's church in 2016. In 2022, she and her ex-husband (a gay conversion therapy survivor) became whistleblowers for a 60 Minutes Australia political and religious expose on her father's City Builders Church and its tactics in Australian conservative politics.
Trigger warning: This episode touches on issues concerning depression and suicide. If you are in Australia and require support, please reach out to 1800RESPECT by phone or online at www.1800respect.org.au/ or Lifeline on 13 11 14.You can connect with Clare at www.unchurchablepodcast.com. If you want to explore her whistleblowing story, then see the links below:
- 60 Minutes Australia - Praying For Power: Caring church or crazy cult
- The Age Newspaper #1 - Liberal Party Candidate Agent for Ultra-Conservative Church, Family Says
- #2 - Speaking in Tongues, Exorcisms and Control: Life in City Builders
- #3 - Inside City Builders, the Pentecostal Sect with Lofty Political Goals
- #4 - Ultra-Conservative Candidate won’t sit in the party room if elected
- #5 - Shame on you: Liberal Party figure caught using fake 007 pics and fake identity for dirty tricks
Transcript of the episode is here.
Podcast links: https://linktr.ee/iwatf