Manage episode 377827243 series 3232237
The GracePointe of 20 years ago may look radically different than GracePointe today, but this community has always existed to create space for growth and deconstruction. Today, lead pastor Josh Scott and founding pastor Stan Mitchell celebrate GracePointe’s 20th anniversary by reflecting about the past, present, and future of GracePointe. Stan also explains how GracePointe fits into a larger history of progressivism that’s built into the fabric of Christianity.
- Today we’re celebrating 20 years of GracePointe with founding pastor Stan Mitchell (0:10)
- The tradition of Christianity is inherently progressive (6:02)
- GracePointe is a space designed for deconstruction (12:22)
- GracePointe exists as a fully affirming space for the LGBTQ+ community (16:49)
- People need to know that communities like GracePointe are possible (26:21)
- If Christianity does not mature, it needs to die (32:02)