Manage episode 137229 series 2431
According to a study by The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) over 90% of managers find it challenging to administer a performance review that is both honest, helpful and motivational.
Employees are desperate for constructive feedback yet find this stressful. Let’s face it, you find this stressful as well, you as a manager are busy, yet recognize the need and importance of taking time out… but where do you “learn” how to do a review well? This is not about filling in forms, this is a terrific opportunity to help have a meaningful,encouraging and direct conversation about the things that really matter and that can be made to work better.
You will learn:
• 3 keys to effective performance reviews
• Constructive ways to have difficult conversations.
• The brain science behind hearing and processing feedback.
• How to identify the challenges to learning and growth in the “traditional” performance review
• 4 key communication styles and how to utilize the best style for your employee.
• How to deal with the “salary increase” questions.
• How to help with creating a longer term career focus as part of this conversation.
• How to ensure continued career growth and development are the most important part of any review
• How to create action plans and transform a performance review into an effective coaching conversation..
This interactive webinar will be focused on providing simple, practical ideas to help you learn how to effectively utilize and grow the individual and your team.