Manage episode 325584487 series 85988
Guest blogging is something that has been around for awhile but misunderstood by many. What is the benefit of blogging on someone else's site or inviting someone to blog on yours? And does Google approve of this?
Listen in as I give you my own perspective on the topic, and why you'll want to think a little more strategically about guest blogging going forward.
The resource that I mention in the episode, my newest free book, The Definitive Guide to Guest Blogging: The Most Effective Link Building Strategy, can be downloaded here:
[03:07] My First Guest Blogger
[05:54] The Power of Guest Blogging
[06:33] Why Relevance is Important
[07:30] Guest Blogging Survey Statistics
[08:27] My Newest Ebook: The Definitive Guide to Guest Blogging
[09:20] Relationship Building With Those that Have Influence
[10:35] Example of an Influence
[12:51] Influence of Blogs or Blogging
[14:36] How Guest Blogging Can Nurture Positive Relationship
[15:37] Best Practice for Linking Out
- Guest Blogging is the single most important way to build links, and getting links to your content or to your website is one of the most important things you can do to improve the SEO of your website.
- For me, relevance is the ultimate. And when I bring on a guest blog, or when I guess, blog myself, that is the number one thing I look for, they don't have to necessarily have the highest domain authority or authority in Google's eyes. But if they're extremely relevant to my audience, and the content is extremely relevant to my website, that's when there is a match made in heaven.
- So guest blogging is often misunderstood or gets a bad rap for a variety of reasons, as I talked about, I want you to understand the value of guest blogging, so that you can decide if and how to make it work for your business.
- Influence is not defined by how many followers you have on Instagram. Influence is equally defined by how many followers you have on YouTube, or what is the domain authority of your website, or how many podcast downloads you get per episode. It is everywhere across digital media.
- Social media does not work that way. Organic clicks are the hardest things to get.
- Blogs or bloggers have tremendous influence, especially when we talk about clickability. But it's for brand awareness as well.
- So if I'm going to link out, because it's the best practice, and with every link, I want to educate my audience more about that anchor text, whatever it is, I'd rather link out to someone that I like know, and trust, right. And that's where the relationship building the influence and marketing aspect really kicks in, and can be really, really powerful.
- But I do believe that for content creation. If you publish things too frequently, in general, there is a tendency for the quality to not be at its optimal. It doesn't happen all the time. But it can happen because we're human.
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download My Free Ebooks Here: https://nealschaffer.com/freebies/
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer
- All My Podcast Show Notes: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com