Everybody Says This is the Year of Video. But What Exactly Should My Business Do to Best Leverage Video? [Scott Miller Interview]
Manage episode 320872975 series 85988
Every year we come out saying that this is the year of video.
Seems that way doesn't it?
Even if you know you SHOULD be doing more video as part of your marketing, it can be challenging if you don't know exactly what you SHOULD do.
I also face this challenge, which is why I'm excited to present to you this interview I had with Scott Miller, content marketing expert and Founder and CEO of Centerpost Media.
Understanding the power that video can have for your marketing.
Did you know, for instance, that 64% of internet users are more likely to buy a product after watching a video?
How to create the perfect video.
If budget allows, hire a professional to help you with videos, but if you are going to produce the videos yourself, there's a LOT to consider.
How to best use your videos on social media
Needless to say if you are trying to play catch up with video, this episode is for you!
[01:35] Introduction of Podcast Guest, Scott Miller
[06:48] Why We Need To Focus On Video Today?
[09:25] How To Create A Perfect Video?
[12:28] Balancing Professionality With Authenticity
[14:22] Tips And Tricks On Preparing Recorded Videos
[16:00] Scott's Suggestions On How To Come Up With Ideas For The Video
[16:37] Expert Marketing
[18:00] How To Best Use Videos On Social Media
[20:53] Balancing Videos With Other Content Type
[23:32] Connect With Scott
- I think it goes back to one of the trends we're seeing in marketing is being authentic. And so more and more consumers want to know, what does the CEO stand for? How are they treating their employees? Video allows you to convey who you are and tell your story. And I think that's the reason why it's so powerful.
- I think for me, it always starts with what are you trying to accomplish? I think that's that's step one. When we talk about creating video, you do not have to have video on every single platform.
- It doesn't have to be huge, you know, it doesn't have to be complicated Neil, it just has to be something that if I'm watching your video, am I getting your message? Is that coming clear? Are you communicating that? And certainly the video does it. But I think having a closed captioning and having the text helps with that as well.
- 80% of the content needs to be free advice. So think to yourself, what are some things I can offer for free, and that scares business owners, right? If you give me something for free, and I try it, and it works, and I want a deeper level, who am I going to go to? This is really about you know, you call it expert marketing, it's about you are already expert in your field.
- Stop worrying about following the social media trends that do not bring you additional business.
- Centerpost Media: https://cenpostmedia.com/
- Connect with Scott on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scottmillermedia/
- Join My Digital First Mastermind: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn about My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/cmo
- Download The Age of Influence Free Preview: https://nealschaffer.com/age-of-influence-preview
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel: https://youtube.com/nealschaffer
- Learn More About This Podcast: https://podcast.nealschaffer.com