Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on July 29, 2022 20:05 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 327255820 series 2380237
Join Pastor Stuart as we continue in our new series, Hospitable.
This week, we turn to four passages in God's Word to learn about . . . "The Heart of Hospitality".
- "Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality (Rom 12:13, ESV)."
- "Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, sober-minded, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach (1 Tim 3:2, ESV)."
- "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares (Heb 13:2, ESV)."
- "Show hospitality to one another without grumbling (1 Pet 4:9, ESV)."
- God calls us to be hospitable to others.
- At the heart of hospitality is love.
- We demonstrate hospitable love to others as we welcome them, share with them, and connect with them.
- We are enabled to show loving hospitality to others because of the loving hospitality God has shown us in Christ.
- Therefore, we can be encouraged to try to show hospitality (welcoming, sharing, connecting) with at least one person this week.
- So, because of the hospitable love Jesus has shown us, let’s grow in practicing loving hospitality.
You can learn more about Westminster Presbyterian Church at https://www.westminsterpca.net.
Find us on social media at @WPCSumter.