TIP514: Permanent Supply Chain Disruptions That Will Sink the Economy w/ Jim Rickards
Manage episode 352366174 series 1394353
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:31 - How Inflation has been winning the tug of war with Deflation, but not for long.
23:58 - The importance of the velocity of money.
29:12 - How supply chains have evolved and who we’ve ended up where we are.
55:18 - How China’s power has peaked.
57:26 - The need for sound money.
And much, much more!
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Jim Rickards' new book: Sold Out: How Broken Supply Chains, Surging Inflation, Political Instability Will Sink the Global Economy.
- Related Episode: Listen to TIP233: Jim Rickards on Central Banks, QT, QE, & the FFR, or watch the video.
- Connect with Jim Rickards on Twitter.
- Connect with Trey Lockerbie on Twitter.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get position and investment info for nearly 6,000 Asset Management Companies with Moomoo, Australia’s first A.I. powered trading platform. Sign up and fund your moomoo account before October 31 and get $10 for every $100 you deposit. All investment carries risk. AFSL 224 663. T&Cs apply.
- Get personalized, expert advice that helps you see things clearly with ATB.
- If your business has five or more employees and managed to survive Covid you could be eligible to receive a payroll tax rebate of up to twenty-six thousand dollars per employee. Find out if your business qualifies with Innovation Refunds.
- Guess less and sell more with the Number 1 email marketing and automation brand, Intuit Mailchimp.
- Help companies protect customer privacy in the face of endlessly growing data breaches by investing in Atakama today.
- Send, spend, and receive money around the world easily with Wise.
- Thanks to rising interest rates artificially driving down the prices of even the best assets, Fundrise expects 2023 to be one of the most opportune real estate investing environments of the last decade. Take advantage of this unique investing environment.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!