Manage episode 298870180 series 1394353
Stig Brodersen speaks with Reeves Wiedeman and learns the unfiltered story of The Rise and Fall of WeWork and co-founder Adam Neumann.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- (04:12) How WeWork got started
- (19:53) How WeWork tried becoming a tech company with a 16-year-old Director of IT
- (27:29) How Softbank made a $4.4B investment in WeWork on a napkin
- (35:08) Whether or not CEO Adam Neumann was a true believer of a con artist
- (37:07) How WeWork went from a $96B valuation to single digits in a matter of weeks.
- (40:28) Why Adam Neumann was ousted from his own company
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES:
- Reeves Wiedeman’s book, Billion Dollar Loser – Read reviews of this book
- Take your business to the next level by hiring the right people with ZipRecruiter
- Communicate your ideas in the best way possible with Canva
- Thank an awesome human with the best scrubs in the world — FIGS! Enter promo code WSB at checkout to get 15% off
- Get up to 40% off + Free Shipping on Four Sigmatic‘s Mushroom Coffee bundles.
- Uncover thousands of business ideas and discover the steps you need to execute with My First Million. Search My First Million on your podcast app
- Start feeling better with a single message. Match with a licensed therapist with Talkspace and get $100 off your first month with the promo code WSB
- Get three months free when you protect yourself with ExpressVPN, the VPN we trust to keep us private online
- Teach kids good money habits the fun and easy way with GoHenry’s debit card for kids and app for parents. Get one free month with promo code WSB
- Check out our Investing Starter Packs about business and finance
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors