Manage episode 337076387 series 3379459
Hi Welcome to ValuationPodcast.com - A podcast and video series about all things related to business and valuation. My name is Melissa Gragg, and I provide divorce mediation and valuation services in St. Louis Missouri.
Today we will discuss Valuations for Financial Reporting with Mark Zyla. Mark is valuation expert in Georgia, the managing director of Zyla Valuation Advisors, an Atlanta valuation and litigation consulting firm.
Mark is also chairman of the standards review board for the International Valuation Standards Council. He was the primary author of the education program of the AICPA and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors for the Certified in Entity and Intangible Asset (CEIV) credential, certifying valuation professionals in valuation for financial reporting purposes.
- Why would a company need a valuation for financial reporting?
- Why is the concept “Fair Value” important and what does it mean?
- What are some examples of intangible assets and how do you value them in the context of financial reporting?
- Why would a start-up company need a valuation and how does a 409a valuation deal with compensation?
- How can you proactively avoid litigation regarding the valuation for financial reporting?
- How are valuations changing in the financial reporting arena?
- Is it necessary to work with someone who has a CEIV credential?
- What is the mandatory performance framework?
- What is ESG or Environmental Social Governance?
- How can someone work with you? Tell us about your firm.
CVA, MAFF, CDFA
Expert testimony for financial and valuation issues
Bridge Valuation Partners, LLC
Cell: (314) 541-8163