Manage episode 337295921 series 2794936
TWiM explores the use of Archaea to produce plastics from molasses wastewater, and a bacterial defense against bacteriophage infection that involves depletion of deoxynucleotides.
Become a patron of TWiM.Links for this episode
- Improving plastics production by Archaea (Appl Environ Micro)
- Biodegradability of PHA (Green Chem)
- What does tesla mean for an MRI and its magnet? (GE)
- Bacteria deplete nucleotides to block phages (Nat Micro)
- Antiphage hotspots in bacteria (TWiM 265)
- Take the TWiM Listener survey!
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or recorded audio) to firstname.lastname@example.org