Manage episode 299865439 series 2794936
Mark Martin returns to TWiM to discuss ways to increase diversity in our field, and the discovery of Borgs, giant extrachromosomal elements with the potential to augment methane oxidation. Hosts: Vincent Racaniello, Elio Schaechter, Michele Swanson, and Michael Schmidt
Guest: Mark O. Martin
Become a Patron of TWiM!
Links for this episode:
- Unacknowledged privilege (Mol Biol Cell)
- Black Microbiologists Association
- Beginner’s Guide to Minority Professor Hires
- (ASM)Academic Career Readiness Assessment (UCSF)
- Annual Biomed Res Conference for Minority Students
- Lessons from Plants by Beronda Montgomery
- Giant extrachromosomal BORGS (bioRxiv)
Music used on TWiM is composed and performed by Ronald Jenkees and used with permission.
Send your microbiology questions and comments to email@example.com