XA Podcast 025 | Eric Cheng on Building a Leading E-Commerce Marketplace | Founder Series
Manage episode 348673585 series 3250972
They say the third time’s a charm. And it really was for Eric Cheng, whose third attempt at a start-up turned out to become a leading car e-commerce platform. Were the previous two ventures in vain? No. He took their lessons and applied them to perfect Carsome. He reveals all in this episode.
Eric Cheng is the co-founder of Carsome, the largest car e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia. The company has digitized the used car industry and caters to a wide market in Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore.
Eric has significant experience across the realms of digital strategy, technology, mobile advertising, and search advertising.
- Eric's journey from being an employee to an entrepreneur
- Learnings that contributed to building Carsome
- Carsome's stages of business growth
- Three things a CEO must do
- How to identify potential and quality employees
- Overcoming setbacks in business
- Southeast Asia's car market amidst the current financial crisis.
- Follow the show on Apple and Spotify
- View the transcript
The XA Network (formerly Xoogler Angels) was founded in 2018 as an exclusive investment network comprising senior executives from leading global and regional technology companies. Our mission is to provide smart capital to early-stage companies across Southeast Asia. The XA podcast brings together voices from the ecosystem that powers early stage investing across this vibrant region. Our guests include entrepreneurs, Venture Capitalists and of course XA Network investors.
Find us online: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
This podcast is powered by CrazyTok: We help experts become influencers.