Manage episode 303960628 series 2801548
As we get closer to Thanksgiving, many of us start thinking about how to be more grateful and what it means to be grateful. Gratitude is much easier when life is good, but how can we practice gratitude when hard times hit? How can we authentically practice gratitude when we are frustrated and unhappy with our life circumstances?
I honestly believe that we can have a gratitude mindset in every season, and still honor and value the difficult emotions that we’re feeling. Yes, it’s possible to do both--honor the hard feelings and cultivate gratitude--and that’s what we’re talking about in today’s episode.
Plus, learn how you can join me for a free gratitude practice challenge to celebrate fall and Thanksgiving (follow me on IG @vibrantchristianliving to learn more)!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- [2:07] Join the free Gratitude Practice Challenge on Instagram Oct 13-Nov 24
- [3:18] How we think of and approach gratitude
- [4:10] How to approach gratitude from God’s perspective
- [7:05] Inner changes to cultivate gratitude in the everyday
- [10:37] The difference between acceptance and contentment
- [11:58] Moving from acceptance to contentment
- [14:34] Why we don’t accept or find contentment
- [20:59] Moving from acceptance to contentment to gratitude
- [24:10] Gratitude is a gift to us from God
- [25:52] The rhythm of gratitude
NEXT STEP RESOURCES:
This episode mentions the I Am Loved Bible Study, and I highly recommend this as a next step.
This Bible study is a powerful four-week course packed with video teachings on the topic of love. We talk about the number one question that women ask about God’s love: “I know God says He loves me, but why don’t I feel it in my heart?” The Bible study is a wonderful tool to help you to explore what’s keeping you from believing in God’s love for you.
The “I Am Loved” Study uses the Spiritual Growth Rhythm™--my personal Bible study method to understand and apply a verse, recognize God at work, and release any fear or worry you may have.
Join me for this fresh encounter with God’s love… and let God’s love transform you from the inside out.