Manage episode 303824099 series 2801548
The most frustrating part of renewing your mind is self-sabotage. Why would we work against ourselves to change our hearts and thoughts when we know what God wants for us?
Today we’re talking about what it means to self-sabotage, where self-sabotaging thought patterns come from, and why so many of us struggle with these self-sabotaging behaviors.
Plus I have a really fun acronym that I’ve created to help you overcome these self-sabotaging patterns so you can break free from them and find freedom.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- [2:09] Where self-sabotaging behaviors come from
- [5:05] The definition of self-sabotaging behaviors
- [7:54] Examples of self-sabotaging behaviors
- [13:38] The root cause of self-sabotage: a desire to take control
- [16:56] Self-sabotaging behaviors as a response to trauma
- [18:18] Trauma responses that impact our behavior
- [22:53] Breaking self-sabotaging behavior patterns with God’s help
- [24:24] Addressing and processing toxic thinking through brain priming
- [24:59] Managing self-sabotaging behaviors in the moment
RECENT EPISODE ON BRAIN PRIMING
This episode references a recent episode on brain priming. Check out episode 133 here.
GET YOUR FREE MINDSET TRAINING:
I created a free mindset training that will teach you scientific and biblical tools to show you how to manage your thoughts and take back control of your emotions. This is my gift to you so that you can take the first steps to find freedom, to find peace in your thoughts, and to truly believe in the good promises that God has for you.
NEXT STEP RESOURCES:
This episode mentions the Christian Mindset Makeover™ Boot Camp, and I highly recommend this as a next step.
The Christian Mindset Makeover™ is a 9-week boot camp for Christian women to overcome negative thoughts using proven scientific and biblical mindset tools for more joy, clarity and confidence.
If you are tired of being stuck in perfectionism, not feeling “enough,” shame, overfunctioning, and/or fear/worry (and you’re ready for real change), then this is the course you need!