Manage episode 327685782 series 2463496
Nilay Patel and David Pierce chat with Tripp Mickle, a New York Times reporter and the author of a new book titled After Steve: How Apple Became a Trillion-Dollar Company and Lost its Soul. They talk about the rise of Jony Ive and Tim Cook, the power struggle between the two, and how Apple is grappling with everything from building a car to managing its relationship with the Chinese government.
After that, Verge managing editor Alex Cranz joins the show to talk about Starlink’s new Portability mode, HP’s super high-end new Chromebook, Fortnite coming back to iOS courtesy of Xbox Cloud Gaming, Sonos’s upcoming soundbar and voice assistant, and why Siri can’t seem to successfully close Nilay’s garage.
- After Steve: How Apple Became a Trillion-Dollar Company and Lost Its Soul
- Starlink’s new Portability feature brings internet to vanlifers
- Now you can play Fortnite on iPhone or Android for free with Xbox Cloud Gaming
- Exclusive: Sonos’ next soundbar will be called the Sonos Ray
- Exclusive: Sonos is about to introduce its own voice assistant
- The HP Elite Dragonfly Chromebook will start at $1,149 - The Verge
- Leak confirms Sony flagship headphone design, casts doubt on improved battery life
- Sennheiser’s Momentum True Wireless 3 earbuds have a fresh design and better ANC
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices