#11- What is the Optimal Claiming Age for Social Security?
Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on January 21, 2023 02:03 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 342780204 series 2982190
Choosing the right claiming age for your Social Security retirement benefits can result in tens of thousands of dollars in savings or more. It’s not a one-size fits all answer so you better know the relevant factors and considerations.
In this episode, Steve and Mel discuss the following:
- Review the fundamentals of Social Security retirement benefits.
- The basic tradeoffs of claiming SS benefits earlier versus later.
- The key factors that play a role in the optimal claiming age decision.
- The types of analysis for the optimal claiming age.
- Why the analysis for married couples is more complex than for single individuals.
- Where to get help in analyzing your optimal claiming age strategy.
- And more!
For Visit our Blog line, ADD LINK TO OUR CORRESPONDING WEBSITE BLOG. USE THIS ADDRESS: https://www.oasiswealthplannig.com/what-is-the-optimal-social-security-claiming-strategy
Visit our Blog at Oasis Wealth: Episode 11
- SSA's Life Expectancy Calculator
- Living to 100 Calculator
- Alleva, Brian. Discount Rate Specification and the Social Security Claiming Decision. 2016.
- Alicia H. Munnell and Anqi Chen, Are Social Security’s Actuarial Adjustments Still Correct? 2019.
Want to speak to a fiduciary financial planner?