Manage episode 337898394 series 2982190
Did you know that you may actually want to work “in retirement”. There is a growing trend of people working in semi-retirement, and the evidence shows there are many benefits of working in retirement. Whether it is paid work or volunteer work, your retirement is likely significantly more fulfilling if you were engaged in these kind of endeavors.
In this episode, Steve and Mel discuss the following:
- How “freedom to work” is different from working a regular day job.
- How your unique DNA can lead you to the right role in retirement.
- The variety of flexible work arrangements for the retiree, and why you should plan for this in advance of retirement.
- What the research says about volunteering in retirement. Spoiler alert: it can be life-changing.
- And more!
- Visit our Blog that corresponds to this episode at Oasis Wealth: Episode 9 Blog
- Lydia Brontë. (1993). The Longevity Factor: The New Reality of Long Careers And How It Can Lead To Richer Lives.
- Freedman, M. (2007). Encore: Finding Work That Matters in the Second Half of Life.
- Ryan, R. (2018). Retirement Reinvention. Penguin Books.
- Anthony, Mitch. (2008). The New Retirementality. Fourth Edition.
Want to speak to a fiduciary financial planner?