Manage episode 293233625 series 2680603
// R E A D Y • S E T • R E S E T
This episode is all about burnout from a neuroscience angle and completing the stress cycle.
Amelia Nagoski, D.M.A. (it stands for Doctorate of Musical Arts), is Associate Professor and Coordinator of Music at Western New England University. Her job is to run around waving her arms and making funny noises, and generally doing whatever it takes to help singers get in touch with their internal experience. Amelia is also co-author, with her twin sister Emily, of Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle. She lives in New England with her husband, one cat, and two rescue dogs.
In this podcast, we cover:
- Signs that you have burnout
- The ways that social media contributes to a warped perception of our lives
- How burnout works from a neuroscience angle
- Why emotional interactions do not need to be face to face
- How you can complete the stress cycle
// R E S O U R C E S M E N T I O N E D
- Book: Burnout
- Book: Jane Eyre
- Book: Rushing Women’s Sydrome
- Feel the impact of Organifi - use code PELZ for a discount on all products!
- Join the Reset Academy
// M O R E O N A M E L I A N A G O S K I
// F O L L O W
- Instagram | @dr.mindypelz & @theresetterpodcast
- Facebook | /drmindypelz & /theresetterpodcast
- Youtube | /drmindypelz
Please note the following medical disclaimer: By listening to this podcast you understand that this video is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to substitute for professional medical advice and should not be relied on as health or personal advice. Always seek the guidance of your doctor with any questions you may have regarding your health or medical condition.